Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dr. Fill

Matt Ginsberg saw Watson, a computer, beat a couple of Jeopardy's greatest contestants last year and wasn't impressed. "Watson wasn't all that good at Jeopardy. What "it" was good at was pressing the button." After watching the program he decided to crosswords which are "actually harder and have real artificial intelligence inside and see how far I can go."

He'll bring Dr. Fill to the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament in Brooklyn next month to see how it will perform against the best solvers in the country. I'll try to keep you updated. See an article and video here.

1 comment:

  1. Man, am I sorry I said that. :(

    There's lots of artificial intelligence inside Watson; I just think that IBM has encouraged people to draw the wrong conclusions from its success. But as a scientific project, it's great.

    ReplyDelete